Wednesday 7 November 2007

Liberal Conspiracy... ...yawn

I've added my $0.02 to an introductory thread on Liberal Conspiracy. I'm not expecting any coherent reply, or for it to really last too long, but I felt it had to be said in any case...

[quote]
Sunny, I admire the sentiment behind what you are trying to do. The left certainly need to up their game online. However, please don't take offence when I say that your post read to me like what I would imagine Gordon Brown's thought processes to be at present, starting with the obligatory "if I don't like what their going to say then I'm not going to listen" - not a great way to start a discourse with fellow thinkers.

Next, you're throwing out politico buzzwords: 'progressive', 'forward-looking', 'positive vision', 'robust discussion', 'shared narrative', 'broadly identify', 'shared values' - what the heck do any of these really mean? Although we have learnt to cut through this rubbish when listening to politicians, if you truly want to become a refreshing voice for the left, a good start is to leave all this spin-speak behind. We're done with it and want straight talking.

"Militant" - did I really read that word? I honestly thought I would never again have heard that word in any use from the left. If you are trying to reinvent the word over time, then good luck!

In fact, good luck all round. I shalln't be commenting beyond this thread, as I have nothing whatsoever to agree with you about, but I wish you the best of luck all the same.

Edward
[/quote]

I expect it will be moderated, so leave it here for posterity...

No comments: